In Room 18 we have been learning about measurement. We have started baking which uses a lot of different types of measurement. For our first cooking experience we made pikelets. As a class we went over the instructions on how to make the pikelets and then were left to collaborate in our groups. We only had one group who had to start again so we were all pretty successful!
Here is the recipe if you would like to make the pikelets at home:
1 cup plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup milk (approx.)
1. Sift flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl.
2. In another bowl beat egg and sugar until thick.
3. Add with milk to the sifted ingredients. Mix until smooth.
4. Spoon tablespoon-ful amounts onto a hot greased griddle or non-stick frying pan.
5. Turn pikelets over when bubbles start to appear on the surface. Cook until golden.