Wednesday, 12 February 2014

Meet Miss Buchanan

This year in Room 18 we are lucky enough to have a student teacher who will be with us for part of the year. Her name is Miss Buchanan and here is a little more about her:


Kia Ora parents/guardians and students, 

My name is Miss Buchanan and I am in my third and final year of studying a Bachelor of Education (Primary) Teaching at the University of Auckland. I will be in Room 18 for 10 weeks in total over the year -three weeks at the beginning of the year and then for seven weeks at the end of Term Two until week five of Term Three, although I will be visiting throughout the year on my breaks from university. 
 
I was raised in South Auckland and have lived in Papakura for most of my life. I enjoy going up north to Matauri Bay to visit family and am a summer person so love going to the beach and enjoying the sun. I also enjoy reading, spending time with my family and friends and exploring new places.
 
I am very passionate about teaching and becoming a teacher and can’t wait to have my own class next year. Teaching is important to me because children are the future of our world and I want to help educate them to be well informed citizens of the community and society. This means they will be better equipped to make well informed decisions throughout their life. I also want to be able to provide as many opportunities for children to learn and experience real life scenarios, and encourage their willingness to learn. 
 
I am very excited to be part of Room 18 and looking forward to getting to know you all during my time at Reremoana School.

- Miss Buchanan
 

No comments:

Post a Comment